Everyone working at Portico customs agency is an experienced agent, with years of international trade knowledge and HMRC requirements. This means they are well placed to handle the GB-EU customs arrangements that have now come into force, following the end of the Brexit transition period.
How do GB-EU customs arrangements affect your business?
With changes to the imports and exports to and from the EU, this means many businesses might be facing having to deal with custom declarations for the first time.
Fortunately we regularly handle thousands of customs declarations at all British ports. We have the right systems to talk to HMRC to make sure goods reach their destination without delay.
We can also make duty payments up front on your behalf, with deferment powers increased to £1m.
What are the changes?
Full customs controls have been implemented as planned on 1 January 2022.
- Requirement for full customs import declarations for all goods at the time businesses or their courier/freight forwarder bring them into Great Britain.
- Customs controls at all ports and other border locations.
- Requirement for a suppliers’ declaration proving the origin of goods (either UK or EU) if they are using the zero tariffs agreed in the UK’s trade deal with the EU
- Commodity codes, which are used to classify goods for customs declarations have changed from 1 January 2022.
- All POAO and ABP consignments must be pre-notified on IPAFFS, and all plants and plant products categorised as ‘regulated and notifiable’will need to be pre-notified on either IPAFFS or PEACH.
From 1 July 2022, animal products will need to continue to pre-notify their arrival via IPAFFS. Additionally, these consignments must be accompanied by a certified Export Health Certificate and enter via a point of entry with a Border Control Post (BCP) that has been designated to receive these goods. The consignment will be subject to documentary, ID, and physical checks.
We encourage all businesses to ensure they are compliant ahead of any HMRC checks. As an experienced customs agent Portico Customs agency are able to help with any questions or assistance you may need on getting your goods to and from the EU. If you need support, please contact our expert team who can help you manage your consignments.
If you think we could help you, try our customs calculator to get a quote.